Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Why I'd take my son to Belcuisine, Alabang

When preparing meals for my family, it is important for me to use fresh, natural, clean, and safe ingredients and just the right amount of salt or sugar and other spices. As much as possible, we try to stay away from drive thrus and fast food because of the unhealthy -- often oily and salty -- food they serve. That's why whenever we go out, I'm always on the lookout for restaurants that serve good quality food products that me and my family can enjoy.
 
Yesterday, my colleagues and I had the opportunity to try Belcuisine in Commerce Center along East Asia Drive in Alabang, Muntinlupa City. We were curious because their materials claim that they serve full course meal with royal service.

Ms. Rosalie Borlado, the Sales and Marketing Manager of the restaurant, welcomed us and guided us to our table. The dining area has a clean, simple but elegant look. The chairs are well cushioned for the comfort of their customers and the place has an easy ambiance that encourages light and bubbly conversations. I personally like the simple floral centerpiece because it made me feel cozy without being too distracting.
The first to come out was a curious appetizer composed of beef ball and boiled egg with dressing. The beef ball was excellent; it was crispy on the outside but creamy and savory in the inside. I immediately thought of Milliard. I just know he'd love it.
 
After we finished the appetizer, they served the chicken soup. It was light with just the right amount of minced vegetables and chicken meat. Make sure to take your time enjoying it so that you won't feel too full come the main course.
 
For the main course, we had braised pork rib with mashed Belgian potatoes, which I easily fell in love with because of its very tender texture and full, savory flavor. The beef dish reminded me of the Filipino adobo but with a twist. It's went well with the crisply fried unsalted potato fries.
 
Ms. Rosalie shared that one of the secrets of Belcuisine's flavors is their ingredients. They only use fresh produce from select suppliers.

"Our potatoes, for example, are not the common variety that you usually find in the markets. We only use Belgian potatoes. Same with our seafood. You'll see the difference. If you try our mussels, for example, you'll know that it's not the same as you commonly buy outside," she shared.
 
Belcuisine's chefs also make sure that the food they serve is always cooked as soon as they receive the order. This is to avoid reheating the food and preserve the flavors and nutrients of the dish.
Our trip to Belcuisine was a good gastronomic experience. I plan to bring my husband and son there sometime soon. I think I'll try their fruit wine next time. The waiter also recommended their pasta for kids so I'll let Milliard try one when we go there for a family date.
 
The only disadvantage is that Commerce Center is not readily accessible. You have to drive there or hire a cab to get there. But, for special occasions, I think it's forgivable and worth the effort.

If you're interested to see their offerings, you may click on the menus below:

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment